Re: [xep-support] Catalog support in saxon

From: Werner Donné (werner.donne@re.be)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 14:03:19 PST

    You don't loose interoperability at all. The system identifier in the
    document type declaration is only a default. You can still pass such a
    document to someone who uses a catalog. The default will be ignored in
    that case.

    Only the public identifier provides interoperability. You can't rely
    on the system identifier for that.

    I have proposed the solution because I understood from the original posting
    that using an alternative entity resolver was a problem. Well, it is not
    that difficult, as shown in the attached example. If you build it you'll
    get the file xep.jar. If you put it in the classpath of XEP, you can use
    the class be.re.tools.XEP with the following synopsis:

    Usage: be.re.tools.XEP
            [-c file_or_url]
            -fo file_or_url or -xml file_or_url -xsl file_or_url
            -at file_or_url
            -pdf file_or_url
            -ps file_or_url

    The -c option is for specifying a catalog.

    Werner.

    --
    Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA
    Engelbeekstraat 8