RE: [xep-support] Embedded Type 1 fonts - again

From: Els van Trigt (evtrigt@ambrac.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 03:42:35 PST

    Beste Werner, David,

    There was indeed a typing error in my example, I picked out the only one of
    the 4 with the error. The others do read as: pfa="Times-Bold.pfa", etc.
    The pfa files are in the correct directory, XEP/afm. I used the true type
    fonts before in the same way, with success (they were 'embedded') and that
    is why I think maybe the pfa files are not right. Would it be better to use
    PFB files?

    I do not get any message displayed either.

    When I look at the generated PDF, the document properties give:
    "Type=type1" "Encoding=Standard" "Actual Font=TimesNewRomanPSMT" instead of
    'embedded' as with the True Type fonts.

    Els