[xep-support] New User - Will this layout work?

From: Richard Ballard (richard@semaphore-partnership.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 15:56:47 PST

    As a new FO developer, I've reached the limit of simple FO editors and am
    considering investing in Renderx to get the format and typographic control I
    need.

    I am trying to achieve within the body region flow different left/right page
    layouts.

    Left Hand Page

    Group Headings, Copy and Photo in the left hand column, Group Products
    within Table in Right hand column. Each Group aligned at the top using a
    block that spans the two columns.

    Right Hand Page (opposite layout)

    Group Headings and Photo in the right hand column, Group Products within
    Table in Left hand column. Each Group aligned at the top using a block that
    spans the two columns.

    I believe I can achieve this using the writing-mode command to reverse the
    flow of the columns. This is not supported in simpler editors so I cannot
    try it out, will this work in Renderx.

    Thanks
    Richard