[xep-support] API Driver.Init method

From: Chris Bowditch (bowditch_chris@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 01:40:26 PST

    We are using the RenderX API, and we are calling Driver.init after
    putting any necessary renderX settings into System.getProperties()
    object. However, in the latest version 3.63, we noticed that a number of
    spurious messages about unrecognized option are sent to System.out.

    After some investigation, it seems that the latest version of XEP
    outputs an unrecognized option message to std out for everything (except
    XEP settings) in the System.getProperties() object.

    I also noticed that the latest API has an overloaded version of
    Driver.init() to which a specific Properties object can be passed. I
    have tried to work round this issue by calling the new Driver.init method
    and passing a new Properties object containing just renderX specific
    options. However, the messages are still sent to System.out.

    I feel it is bad behaviour for XEP to be sending warnings to
    System.out. Instead it could send these messages to the EventLogger or
    just ignore them. After all its not unusual for System.getProperties to
    be filled with all sorts of settings.

    Chris