Re: [xep-support] Calculating left-indent

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 02:55:39 PDT

    Hello David,

    There are no means in XSL-FO to dynamically determine current distance
    from the page edge and perform any calculations with it. However there
    are 'text-align' property and 'float' property which both can have
    value of 'inside' and 'outside'. That is any text can be aligned with
    respect to the current page position (parity) and floating object can
    be forced to float to the outer or inner side of the page.
    You may be interested in 'Marginalia' sample available on our site:
    http://xep.xattic.com/xep/testsuite/usecasestest.html#marginalia
    This sample shows how to create marks on the margins (known as
    'marginalia') using side floats with float='outside'.

    Hope this helps.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX