[xep-support] XEP Logging

From: <Jorge.Bernad@incony.de>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 07:23:27 PDT

Hi all,

we are using XEP as PDF renderer integrated with
our JAVA based database publishing system. During the rendering
of the XSL-FO files produced by our system we just pass
the log messages coming from XEP through to our system in order
to give the user feedback about the rendering process.

However, if the XSL-FO file contains many image file references
(we use TIFF images) the rendering process takes a lot of
time but we don't get any log messages about the progress of the
rendering. All log messages are produced at the beginnig of the
generation until state "generate" and event "page-number" for the last
page. After this event the rendering process takes at least 10 more
minutes but XEP doesn't produce any log messages.

Does anyone know what XEP does during this time after the last event?
Is XEP rendering the TIFF images? Can this image rendering be logged?

Thank you very much in advanced.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jorge Bernad Pelegrin
Jorge Bernad Pelegrin, INCONY AG, Dept. Products, Technologiepark 34,
D-33100
Paderborn
Tel.: 05251 877 3925, Fax: 05251 877 3911,
http://www.incony.de, mailto:Jorge.Bernad@incony.de,
This  e-mail  and  any  attachment  may contain confidential
and privileged material intended for the addressee only.
If  you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and  that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you
have received this e-mail by error, please  notify  the  sender
immediately  by return e-mail, and delete this message.
INCONY AG, its subsidiaries and/or its  employees  shall
not  be  liable  for  the  incorrect  or incomplete transmission
of  this  e-mail  or any attachments, nor responsible for any
delay in receipt.