Re: [xep-support] column-count attribute of block-container

From: Alexei Gagarinov <agagarinov@renderx.com>
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 00:40:16 PDT

> I was assuming that column-count would be a valid attribute for block-container

According to XSL-FO specification (7.25.2 "column-count"), the column-count attribute is applied to the fo:region-body element only.

> Is there a work around or another suggestion?

You can use the RenderX extension element, rx:flow-section. It was designed for just such cases.
For details, see the documentation comes with the XEP installation: section 3.6.4 of XEP 4.x Reference for Java and section 9.4 of XSL Formatting Objects Tutorial.

Best regards,
  Alexei Gagarinov
RenderX