RE: [xep-support] can the < > symbols be replaced with &lt; and &gt;

From: Michaud, Jean-Francois <Jean-Francois.Michaud@boeing.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 10:50:19 PST

Hehe, yeah, try solving this one in a balanced "node" way. Maybe there
is a balanced way, but this screams non balanced to me because of the
hierarchical break. I will probably eat my socks and retreat in shame. I
certainly hope to learn something ;-). The reverse solution seems
similarly unbalanced as well to me. I can see a potential out through
RTFs but my spidey sense is telling me that it's more complex than the
non balanced way.

<list>
  <warning>blah</warning>
  <caution>blah</caution>
  <item>
    <para>paradata</para>
    <para>moreparadata</para>
  </item>
  <warning/>
  <warning/>
  <caution/>
  <caution/>
  <item>
    <para>paragraph</para>
  </item>
</list>

Transformed to:

<list>
  <item>
    <warning>blah</warning>
    <caution>blah</caution>
    <para>paradata</para>
    <para>moreparadata</para>
  </item>
  <item>
    <warning/>
    <warning/>
    <caution/>
    <caution/>
    <para>paragraph</para>
  </item>
</list>

Regards, Jean-Francois Michaud
Applications Analyst

"It's not what you know, and it's not even who you know. It's how much
knowledge you give away. Hoarding knowledge diminishes your power
because it diminishes your presence."

David Weinberger, Everything is Miscellaneous