Re: [xep-support] Different text alignment in one block

From: G. Ken Holman <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 12:57:42 PDT

At 2010-09-01 15:39 -0400, I wrote:
>So, in all, your solution would look like:
>
> <block text-align="justify" text-align-last="justify">
> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
> blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
> blah<leader leader-length.minimum="0pt"
> keep-with-previous="always"/><leader leader-length.minimum="0pt"
> keep-with-next="always"/><inline
> keep-together.within-line="always">Author</inline>
> </block>

Thinking about this a bit more, I would change it to the following:

   <block text-align="justify" text-align-last="justify">
   blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
   blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
   blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
   blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
   blah<leader leader-length.minimum=".5em"
keep-with-previous="always"/><leader leader-length.minimum=".5em"
keep-with-next="always"/><inline
keep-together.within-line="always">Author</inline>
   </block>

... where I've changed the minimum leader lengths to half of a
nominal character width.

This is better because as long as there is a full character width or
greater, the Author stays on the same line. If there is less than a
full character width between the end and the author, the author is
pushed to the next line.

My original suggestion would have allowed the two to abut, which
would not be appropriate.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01