Re: [xep-support] Replace straight apostrophe with curly apostrophe (again)

From: Jacques Foucry <jacques@foucry.net>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 06:34:38 PDT

On 28 sept. 2010, at 14:55, G. Ken Holman wrote:
Hello Ken,

> In my example below I have removed the modes and the DocBook and it works file in Saxon ... if you try the example below with xsltproc and it works, then the issue is, I think, to do with the modes in play.

Thanks for your help and your time.

I used the xslt without the node and the "identity for all nodes" with saxon (in oxygenXML with XEP) and it failed :

SystemID: /Users/jacques/Desktop/Test.xml
Engine name: XEP
Severity: error
The error was:
(document [system-id file:/Users/jacques/Desktop/Test.xml_xslt]
  (validate
    [error] There should be at least one 'page-sequence' element as a child of 'fo:root'.
    [validation total: 1 error]
Parse error: Invalid XSL FO source 'file:/Users/jacques/Desktop/Test.xml_xslt': 1 error found during validation

If I remove the "identity for all nodes" it work for all the straight quote (transformed into curly quote) except for the figure/title (which used to work before).

In fact the only way I found to make it work in all case is to have two

<xsl:template match="d:title//text()|d:para//text()">
                <xsl:value-of select="translate(.,$singlequote,$curlyquote)"/>
</xsl:template>

One with the mode="no.anchor.mode" and another without the mode.

What did think about that ?

Best regards,
Jacques