[xep-support] Problem combining maginalia and other material

From: Dave Thomas <dave@pragprog.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 10:02:13 PST

Hi, folks:
I'm fairly new to this, so I'm probably doing something stupid.
I'm creating a book layout, and I need to support marginalia—stuffthat floats in the outer margin next to the main body text.
I used the example of marginalia on the tips and tricks page, and itworks great for the regular body flow. However, it seems not to workwhen I use rx:flow-section, and it gets seriously confusing when I tryto float things out of list bodies. It's almost as if list bodies andflow sections don't inherit the overall flow indent.
I've posted a simple example here: https://gist.github.com/769838
It is cut down from the RenderX example, but adds a two-columnrx:flow-section at the end of each page. The results are shown herehttps://skitch.com/pragdave/re8m1/w.pdf-page-1-of-2 andhttps://skitch.com/pragdave/re8mu/w.pdf-page-2-of-2
Notice how the flow-section itself ignores the start-indent, but theblocks within it do not.
What I'm trying to achieve is to have the section line up with thebody text block, and the columns to set themselves up within that.
Is that achievable? What am I missing?
Thanks

Dave
!DSPAM:87,4d27553c63731148980870!