[xep-support] Re: not enough memory to format (Java heap size)

From: Ruiter, Vincent de <Vincent.Ruiterde@ocwduo.nl>
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 23:43:30 PDT

Hi,

We have exactly the same problem as Alexander, the old version of XEPWin (2..2) works fine but version 3.0 failes with a 'not enough memory to format' exception. I have checked Alexander's theory that XEPWin does not transfer the memory configuration properties to the Java Virtual Machine. Alexander is right, the CliserService logfile contains the full command that is used to start the JVM. The command does not contain the memory options. I also checked the IL code using ILDASM and the software does read the value from the config file but is does not transfer the values to the virtual machine.

There is no other option for setting the memory settings so we have to wait for a XEPWin update which does transfer the memory settings to the JVM.

   kind regards,

     Vincent,...

De IB-Groep en CFI vormen per 1 januari 2010 de Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO). E-mailadressen zijn hierdoor gewijzigd. E-mail gericht aan het oude adres wordt doorgestuurd. Meer informatie over DUO? Kijk op de website: www.ocwduo.nl<http://www.ocwduo.nl/>.