[xep-support] font support for special characters

From: Karin O'Connor <karin@apple.com>
Date: Thu Jun 02 2011 - 11:26:59 PDT

I am having problems getting special characters to display in my PDF output.

In particular, the command symbol key ⌘, unicode 2318. The symbol appears in my .fo file, so I know it converted from xml to .fo properly... but it does not display in my document.

The symbol is available through our base font, Lucida Grande, but is there something special I have to do for unicode glyphs?

Secondly, if I like the way the glyph appears in a different font, such as Apple Symbols, how do I go about specifying that?

Thanks in advance,
Karin

!DSPAM:87,4de7d62263732740213365!