Re: [xep-support] Status output going to STDERR?

From: David Tolpin (dvd@renderx.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 14:13:46 PST

    > Unfortunately, it appears that all XEP status messages are going to
    > STDERR. I don't know if this is an XEP choice, a Java choice, or
    > something we can change through some command-line option.... Is there
    > a way to get only errors to go to STDERR and everything else to STDOUT?

    XEP uses SAX interface to pass messages to the logger. A custom logger
    can be written and passed to the engine. One needs access to Java API
    to implement the functionality.

    Alternatively, you can just pipe the output through a filter, parse it
    and redirect everything besides errors and warnings to stdout.

    David